Thursday, November 11, 2010

McDeadmeat's Collegiate Picks - Week of 11/13/10

So thinking about how to do this best...do I pick who I think wins, or who I want to win...so here, I'm going to do who I think wins. It won't be every game, but will be some good ones that I'm thinking.

As far as the BCS Championship is concerned - definitely we need a playoff! Because right now, you can't honestly tell me that Boise State doesn't deserve a shot...they can play with, and potentially beat, any team on any field any given day. Didn't Virginia Tech and Oregon State show something? TCU as well, going into the #5 team's house and putting the thumping they did on them is something that has a lot of value in comparison to Alabama losing at South Carolina. I'm not bashing the SEC though - think Auburn deserves a shot, as does Oregon. I'm just tired of those in the money trying to keep it all to themselves, which is the BCS & the 6.

Miami (OH) over Bowling Green 24-21 --oh yeah, that one already happened!

Picks:
Boise State over Idaho Friday by a bigger margin that Nebraska's 38-17 win over the Vandals earlier this year.

Ohio State over Penn State
Auburn beats Georgia
Alabama over Miss. State
Wisconsin tops Indiana
Florida State gets back on track over Clemson

Syracuse over Rutgers to keep in the Big East Championship hunt when coupled with
UConn upsetting Pittsburgh

Mizzou outscores K-State at home
Utah over Notre Dame

Oklahoma State adds to the Longhorns woes

Arizona State gives Stanford all they can handle, but comes up empty.

As much as I want South Carolina to win, Florida gets it done in the Swamp.

My upset pick of the week: Northwestern over Iowa

I'm in class all day Saturday, so the late games I definitely want to see are the PAC-10 match-ups (ASU-Stanford, USC-Arizona wins) and my:

Watch the game just for the enjoyment of the sport: Oregon at California. Ducks win; love that blur offense.

Air Force over New Mexico
Navy beats Central Michigan
And of course -
Army beats Kent State and becomes bowl eligible for the first time since 1996!

No comments:

Post a Comment