Monday, September 26, 2011

Apologies for not posting; Week 4 NCAA Picks Wrap-Up

Hey everyone - I know, I know - I was unable to stay on top of things this past week. I had to help run and execute a Student Retreat and do a New Student Orientation Friday and Saturday last week for Fuller Seminary Southwest. Then, Amanda picked me up and we stayed up in North Central Arizona, having dinner in Prescott, and going to a wine club event at Page Springs Cellars in the Verde Valley. Lots of fun, nice and relaxing, and some good quality time with the wife. So that's my excuse on why everyone didn't get posted this week.


So here is how I'll make it up to you! I'm going to post the results, and include comments on each game wrapped up into one email! Not every comment will be there, but the ones that were significantly good or bad!!!


Without further ado: NCAA Week 4


Toledo @ Syracuse - Syracuse won (wait - did they? The Refs got a call wrong and now Toledo wants the result overturned...)


Notre Dame @ Pittsburgh - Dennis Lowe: "Hey Notre Dame...If you can pull off another one...that is what you call a winning streak!! Don't think they will do it!!"


Army @ Ball State - Dusty Miller: "Ball St. - This is the game the McFarren family has been waiting for!! I will take the fighting Cardinals at home over the Black Knights"; Gary McFarren: "Ball State will not be good hosts to the Cadets"


Arkansas @ Alabama - Joe Lacanlale: "Roll Tide"


Oklahoma St. @ Texas A&M - Rob McFarren: "Close game, but the edge will be Ok. St.'s passing game."


Florida St. @ Clemson - Dusty Miller: "It won't be easy in death valley, but I think the Seminoles are the real deal this year."


Kansas St. @ Miami (FL) - shout out to the lady Wildcat fans Joanna Lacanlale and Rachael Eggebeen (I know - UofA Wildcats, but still!) for nailing this pick!


Nebraska @ Wyoming - Dennis Lowe: "Nebraska should walk right through the Big Ten this year in their first year. They are out only hope for a National Championship I think. Even though Michigan is playing tough now...the real test is starting now!! I think San Diego State will march into the Big House and show their old coach what's up...I can't believe I just said that!!"


Missouri @ Oklahoma - Joanna Lacanlale: "A tough choice, but I gotta go for Mizzou, Oklahoma is too much of a powerhouse for my liking."


LSU @ West Virginia - A comment on this one - LSU deserves to move to #1 with the start they have had to the season. No one has played more "big games" so far than them. And it pains me to say that about the purple and yellow Tigers...but right now, I'd love to see them vs. Oklahoma St. or Boise St. for the title. (yeah - I say Oklahoma St. will be Oklahoma later this year)


Tulsa @ Boise St. - Rachael Eggebeen, Dusty Miller, Dennis Lowe all took the Blue Field in commenting for Bronco victory.


North Carolina @ Georgia Tech - Joe Lacanlale: "Tardy-Heels"; Dusty Miller: "The option will be too tough for the Tar Heels to defend in this one...hopefully the referees don't get faked out by the QB and blow the play dead(right, Rob?)!"


California @ Washington - Dennis Lowe: "U Dub will hand the Golden Bears their first loss of the season."


Oregon @ Arizona - Joe Lacanlale: "Quack-quack"; Gary McFarren: "Oregon over the Not-So-Wildcats"; Rachael Eggebeen: "can't pick against the Wildcats on principle.  Reality: Oregon will run all over us."


USC @ Arizona St. - Joanna Lacanlale: "I would prefer if both teams  could lose, but that is not possible... choosing the lesser of two evils"Rob McFarren: "I'll eat it on this one. Thought ASU would buckle - instead, they looked great. Maybe its the new uni's!"


Week 4 Standings: (Overall found here)



Gary McFarren 12-3
Rob McFarren 11-4
Dusty Miller 10-5
Rachael Eggebeen 10-5
Ed Vander Woude 10-5
Joanna Lacanlale 10-5
Dennis Lowe 10-5
Joe Lacanlale 8-7
Joe McFarren (Did not pick)

No comments:

Post a Comment