Thursday, September 29, 2011

Week 5 NCAA Picks

OK - to try to cut down on the number of posts being made on the homepage, I'm going to try something different this week. I'm going to put all the picks in 1 post. This is because not everyone comments on every game, and so I'll include all comments by name for each game, as well as each pick. 


As always, you can click on the NCAA tab above to see the comparative picks and results from previous weeks.


Texas A&M @ Arkansas
TA&M: Ed Vander Woude (EVW), Rachael Eggebeen (RE), Joanna Lacanlale (JNL)
Joe Lacanalale(JL)-Aggies4Life 
Joe McFarren(JM)-Both teams are going to try and bounce back, but A&M should have won last week, while Arkansas got soundly beaten.
Dennis Lowe (DL)-A&M will get back on the horse this week and take out the Razorbacks.; 
Gary McFarren (GM)-Aggies over the Hogs
Rob McFarren (RM)-Time to show the SEC what they are adding - too much motivation in this game.
Arkansas: Dusty Miller (DM)-Pig Sooey wins at home.




Tulane @ Army
Tulane: EVW
DL-Hate to say it Rob, I will probably not pick Army again this year!! Sorry!!!
Army: RE, JNL
RM-I should be there for this game, its my classes 10-yr reunion...Joe Lac - you too! 
JL- Go Black Knights
GM-Army to bounce back to calm the Green Wave
JM-Back at home after being trounced by my big, bad Cardinals!
DM-Green Wave? What kind of mascot is that ?!?


Air Force @ Navy
Air Force: RE
JM-Air Force.  I will never cheer for Navy!
JL-Off we go into the Wild Blue Yonder
Navy: JNL, EVW
DM-The Midshipmen take the first step in trying to win the Commander In Chief trophy(I think that's what it's called.) *Yes, that is what it's called!
GM-I don't really know why!
DL-Navy should have beaten S.C. last week but did not. Navy will be a force this season.
RM-Should be a good game, wish they could both lose, as they will do to Army!



Nevada @ Boise St.
Nevada: *No one picked them to repeat their upset from last year
Boise St: RE, EVW, RM, GM, JNL
JL-Noisey St. Broncos
DL-Boise State is pushing for a National Championship this season...and it is also hard to go against the Broncos on the blue turf.
JM-No way will they forget last year's game and let Nevada pull the upset again.
DM-Broncos don't lose games on the "Smurf Turf"

Baylor @ Kansas St.
Baylor: RE, EVW
DM-Too much speed for the Wildcats
RM-When Griffin III has more TDs than Incompletions, I'll ride that bandwagon!
GM-Baylor over the Purple Pride of Manhatten (this is because I don't like purple - LEO High School!!!)
JM-This is their breakout game.
Kansas St.: JNL, DL
JL-K-S-U Wildcats


Michigan St. @ Ohio St.
Michigan St: RM, EVW
JL-Sportin' Spartan
JM-Ohio St. can take their cheating to the house!
Ohio St: GM, JNL
RE-Watch the OSU quaterback!
DL-I think I just threw up a little in my mouth!! Can't believe that I had to even think about either team winning!!
DM-The Spartans just won't be able to hang on the road in the Big Ten against quality opponents.


Clemson @ Virginia Tech
Clemson: RE, JL
DL-Awesome game for the ACC. I am going out on a limb and saying that the Tigers are going to beat the Hogies.....errrr the Hokies!!
GM-Clemson to keep up the great start and beat the Hokies!
Virginia Tech: EVW, JNL
JM-Clemson totatlly played over their heads against Florida State last week.
DM-I have to go with my favorite college football team here. The Hokies are tough to beat in Blacksburg.
RM-This is 1 of the 2 must-see games with Neb-Wisc for most people (3 for me, cause I add ND-Purdue to the list). Should be a great game...the winner will be the favorite. I just think this is the year VT doesn't have a let-down game.


Texas @ Iowa St.
Texas: EVW, RE, JNL
JM-The climb back up continues.
DL-We will see what the Cyclones are all about but they have not played a tough schedule and they should have been beat by Iowa. Sorry Cyclones, the Longhorns are tough.
GM-Texas calms the Cyclones
DM-I will take the Longhorns on the road this week
RM-Just can't yet buy that Iowa St. is for real.
Iowa St.: JL



Washington @ Utah
Washington: JNL
DL-I am going with Washington in this one. They played tough against a very, very good Nebraska team. We will see the outcome on Saturday.
RM-U-dub program on the upswing. A PAC-12 put-down in order for the newly added Utes.
Utah: RE, EVW
DM-There could be a lot of points scored here; I'll go with the home team.
GM-The Utes are good, too bad Huskies
JM-Uh, coin flip amongst the "I couldn't care less" games.
JL-You-tah



North Carolina @ East Carolina
UNC: RE, EVW, JL, JNL
JM-Pirates, really?
DL-ACC is going to smoke C. USA in this game.
GM-North over East - Carolina that is
DM- I don't think the Pirates have Garrard or Chris Johnson back this week so I will take the Tar Heels
E. Carolina:
RM-I'll represent this tougher team than they look - another that has a conference to impress for realignment as they look into Big East, a win here goes a long way for that.

Marshall @ Louisville
Marshall: JL, RE 
Louisville: JNL, DL, EVW, RM,
DM-The Cardinals will win in Papa John's stadium this week
GM-Louisville over the Herd (at least that's what I heard!)
JM-Should be close, but both aren't good


Alabama @ Florida
Alabama: RE, EVW, JL, GM, JNL
RM-Please, let this be so. Don't like Saban, but no Gator obnoxious fans for me.
JM-I don't care who they are playing...down with Florida!
DL-The Crimson Tide will lay the wood on the Gators
Florida:
DM-I will take the Gators in the Swamp, even though I think Alabama is favored here



Nebraska @ Wisconsin
Nebraska: JNL
GM-The toughest game of the day - Nebraska shows the Big 10 (12) what it's like, as they beat Wisconsin
DL-Time for the Big Ten Champs to flex their muscles early in the season and put the Badgers in the loss column on their own home turf.
JM-Smash-mouth football at it's best.  This is the game that will show Nebraska moving to the Big Ten was totally awesome.
JL-Big Red *At least this is the Big Red I think Joe was referring to with this pick!
Wisconsin: EVW
RE-when you say Wisconsin, you've said it all!
DM-In the first of what should be a long line of great conference battles between these two I will take the home team.
RM-Just can't see Wisconsin losing at home in their Big 10 opener, especially to the newcomer



Notre Dame @ Purdue
ND: EVW, GM, JNL
RM-Love watching this clash of Indiana gold helmets, but this year the Fighting Irish are definitely better, even though Purdue is improving. These 2, plus Army, are my trifecta of gold helmeted teams that are my favorite NCAA programs!
DM-This used to be a fun game to watch, not so much any more.
DL-Purdue is absolutely horrible!!
JM-Another battle of the gold helmets.  Although this one won't be much of a battle.  More like a Pee Wee championship game.
Purdue: RE
JL-Boil'em Makers



UCLA @ Stanford
UCLA: (It's unanimous for the Cardinal)
Stanford: RE, EVW, RM, JNL
JM-The blow out of the week.
JL-The Evergreen Trees
DL-Andrew Luck will be a Colt next season...I hope!!
GM-Stanford over UCLA because the know how to spell their entire school name while the guys from the south only use a few letters.
DM-The Cardinal shouldn't have too much trouble this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment