Friday, August 24, 2012

NFL - Personal Franchise Rankings - Rob McFarren

A couple of years ago, I ranked all 32 NFL teams in the order that I personally liked them based on all the factors in my head that made me lean towards some teams and not others (players on roster, uniforms, location, childhood favorites, coaches, etc). I thought a good primer for the NFL 2012 season would be to update and publish those. I will also try to get others to do the same for comparison sake. Just know that really I break this down into 4 groups - Favorite team, Teams I like and root for, No strong feelings for either way, Teams I hope lose every game unless its against one of the other teams I can't stand (and then how can they both lose, or which one has the most to lose by losing?). Yeah, its a mouthful. Basically, the question asked is: Who do I want to win the game?

Here are my rankings:

1. Indianapolis Colts - Hometown team, suffered through their struggles and enjoyed the Peyton years. Now looking forward to Luck and company...

2. Denver Broncos - Wife's family team. Lived in Colorado too, and now they Peyton.
3. Arizona Cardinals - I've now lived here longer than anywhere else other than Indiana. If only they had a quarterback they may jump Denver. (and better uniforms)
4. Chicago Bears
5. Detroit Lions
6. Buffalo Bills
7. New Orleans Saints - Drew Brees is my favorite QB, but they drop a bit due to scandal
8. San Francisco 49ers
9. Kansas City Chiefs
10. New York Giants
11. Green Bay Packers
12. Seattle Seahawks
13. Pittsburgh Steelers
14. Tennessee Titans
15. Cleveland Browns
16. Atlanta Falcons
17. St. Louis Rams
18. Carolina Panthers
19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
20. Houston Texans
21. Baltimore Ravens
22. Minnesota Vikings
23. Cincinnati Bengals
24. Jacksonville Jaguars
25. Miami Dolphins
26. Dallas Cowboys
27. Philadelphia Eagles
28. San Diego Chargers
29. Oakland Raiders
30. Washington Redskins
31. New York Jets
32. New England Patriots

No comments:

Post a Comment