Monday, November 15, 2010

College - Week 10 wrap up

Wow - week 10 wrap-up. I should just quit now...while I'm way ahead. I went 16-3 on the college picks this week!!! Even my comments were almost right on. No way can I keep this up, can I? Going to have to try!

As far as Joe is concerned - he went 4-3 in the much more limited predictions he made.

Here are some of my impressions from the week.

California found a way to slow Oregon's offense...can others execute that too...it gave them a shot.

All 3 Service Academies are bowl-eligible for the 1st time EVER!

Utah gave up in their loss to TCU, and it carried over to the no-show at Notre Dame.

Boise State is as good as anyone. Put them in a major conference, and they are the favorites right now. Same with TCU. Speaking of this, looking at the 4 teams that are undefeated...
TCU has the best defense, period.
They all use some form of the spread offense. Oregon just does theirs fast, Auburn relies on the QB to run, Boise St. QB has to pass, and TCU seems to be the most balanced in spreading it out.

That being said...I think Auburn loses to Alabama, then wins the Conference title game...so they drop to #4...but they are still better than the other 1-loss teams. War Eagle!

Not sure about Oregon yet - not predicting until this weekend for the Wildcat and Beaver games. I want to see the Oregon-Boise State championship game...I like the way Boise State plays the best. Maybe the best way to say it is I want to see either Auburn or Oregon play Boise State or TCU. Just mix it up!

How can you score 83 points in football when your basketball team rarely hits 60? Wisconsin even did this without their #1 RB Clay.

Lots of solid teams out there. This is why there needs to be a playoff! I would love to see what Les Miles does in a playoff! Same with Boise St. - how many trick plays can they pull out? The thing about NCAA basketball is that it is the 65th (ok - 69th this year with the tourney expansion) team that is feeling slighted...not the 3rd! Much less of an injustice! Let's let them play for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment