Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Week 10 NFL Wrap-Up

What a crazy week - there were some points put on the board by several NFL teams! Was it really that good of offense, or did many teams just come out not-all-that-fired up? Vick's perfomance was nuts, as were the pass happy games of Patriots/Steelers and Broncos/Chiefs. Not that talking about fantasy football means much...but how crazy was it that my Wide Receivers starting were Roddy White, Mike Wallace, and Dwayne Bowe? I got 115 points out of them (it's a PPR league).

As far as game predictions go: Joe and I are pretty even.

Rob 9-5
Joe 8-6

We'll keep track of these as we go forward...just have to make sure we get picks in prior to Thursdays games!!! (hear that Joe? I gave you the benefit of missing on game last week...the Thursday nighter...so gonna assume you wanted Matty-Ice to win)

Speaking of Matty-Ice - I was impressed with his performance! Plus I love those throwback red Falcons helmets! Now I just want to see a road game in the elements played with that precision by QB #2 and I'll start to buy into them being a legitimate Super Bowl contender...but not quite yet.

That edge is going to Philly right now...but man I don't like that team. Love Vick's resurgence though. Everyone deserves a second chance - particularly if you really serve the time, as Vick did. Leavenworth is no cake-walk. Vick looks like a changed man...now we have to see how the new resurgence of fame affects him. Will he remain post-incarceration Vick? I sure hope so.

The Colts - my team! - beat a bungling Bengals. The Colts don't look great, but how many injuries do they really have to sustain. They had 2 WR's they signed off the practice squad just to have 4 on their active roster. Manning is Manning, but the drops and miscues are there that show the offense if just slightly out of sync. Not bad though...they still have the shot. I actually thought the run defense looked good too...as did their 1st and 2nd down defense. My big concern is the defense on crucial downs. They gave up way too many plays when the Bengals needed one...if they want to go deep in the playoffs, they need more plays like that last drive of the game with the back to back sacks.

Speaking of that...I think Terrell Owens and Chad Ochocinco are still getting back to the line of scrimmage for that final play. That was pathetic...particularly TO.

Maybe the Cardinals should trade for McNabb? Even-up for Derek Anderson? Heckm at this point how about for Beanie Wells?

I'll have a post soon in a ranking that we'll call Joe & Rob's team rankings. It will be a "like" ranking versus a "power" ranking. It is the order in which we both like teams. I can tell you the top of my list is the Colts, and the bottom two are the Patriots and Jets...the old AFC East rivalries in play!

No comments:

Post a Comment