Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Week 11 NFL Wrap-Up

An interesting week in the NFL:

Michael Vick continues his streak of performance and the Eagles have to be rising into the favorite in the NFC. Speaking of that, the top teams in the NFC by record right now are Atlanta, Philly, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Chicago, and Green Bay. Oh, and then you have the NFC West which will get a playoff spot.

Out of the rest of that group...I'd have to say I think Philly is playing the best, but my favorite is still the boys in the Bayou. The Saints are starting to look explosive again, and have some match-ups that are big coming down the stretch. Can Chicago's Defense keep them in contention with Green Bay? We'll see...but I think Green Bay wins the North.

The AFC is another matter...the Jets and Patriots have the best record, but I'd take the Patriots among these my least favorite teams in the NFL - at least I respect the Patriots for Belichek's always having them prepared. Sunday was another example. The Colts made mistakes, the Patriots did not. Manning was great - but trying so hard he pushed it just a little bit too much...the lack of syncronization with his receivers was evident on the interceptions, outside the last one which was just a forced pass...The Patriots need help on D, but I'll still support the under 6'0" club which are the Patriots receivers.

I actually still like the Steelers right now (NOT my pick - my pick remains the COLTS - it must!!!) for a post-season performance though.

Houston has officially pulled a Houston. Look good, have lots of hype, put up fantasy numbers, and lose football games. Jacksonville, in contrast, is actually in a position to make the playoffs!

Here are our week 11 pick results:

Rob 11-5
Joe 9-6 (did not pick the Thursday Bears-Dolphins game)

Overall: (2 weeks)

Rob 20-10
Joe 17-12

Good Turkey Hunting this week! Picks to come tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment