Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Wrap-up from Thanksgiving Weekend

So I guess Thanksgiving was too busy to let Joe get his picks in...there goes that competition. Instead, I guess I will just recap my results in both the NFL and College, and we can move on from there.

Too bad for Boise State...still think they are a top 5 team, even with 1 loss. Their schedule was as hard as Wisconsin or Ohio States...look it up in Sagarin's Strength of Schedule.

College wrap-up:
This Week 12-8
Overall 38-20

I was impressed with Atlanta this weekend...they are looking legitimate. Also, my Colts are looking just plain ugly right now. Yes, a lot of injuries, but the Defense needs to step up and stop someone; I know San Diego was 0-8 on 3rd Down, but how many of those were in the Red Zone? The O-line was bad too...even though I still think the game could have turned out differently if the 2nd Pick-6 by Manning were called correctly...which was pass interference on Reggie Wayne. That was a huge play that changed everything. Despite that, San Diego played better than Indy and deserved to win. Come on Colts! Cardinals have given up on winning, think they want a high draft pick for a QB to throw to Fitzgerald. Beward Kansas City, that is another team that I think has a lot of upside, particularly if they get to play at home!


NFL wrap-up:
Week 12: 10-6
Overall: 30-16

 At this point in the season...there is a lot to discuss. This weekend's Jets @ Patriots and Steelers @ Ravens games will tell a lot about playoff seeding, likely.

The College season is in the Championship week...then it's on to Army-Navy and the bowl games. By the way, I just heard the Bell Helicopter Armed Forces Bowl sent an invite to Army - they are Bowl Bound for the 1st time since 1996!

No comments:

Post a Comment