Friday, October 14, 2011

NCAA Picks - Week 7

So with Army having the week off I decided to make this the Sun Belt Conference week. Really, just trying to mix up some games occasionally so we don't always pick between the same BCS teams. But still are weighted that way!

Michigan @ Michigan St.
Michigan: JL
DL - I don't think this will be the case but I will not go against Michigan!!!
DM - I will go with Brady Hoke's Wolverine's on the road this week.
JM - No way the Spartans can stop Robinson from running all over them.
RM - Hoke has the team focused in a way that has been lacking under the last few "self-serving" coaches.
MSU: RE, EVW
GM - Mich State has more balance than the Big Blue


Baylor @ Texas A&M
Baylor: EVW
RM - I'm taking offense this year over defense. The only 3 exceptions to this rule are LSU, Alabama,  and Boise St. Seriously.
A&M: GM, RE, JL
JM - Tough one. I wouldn't be surprised to see another meltdown by the Aggies, though.
DM - I will take the Aggies at home, although Griffin III will probably impress once again this week.
DL - Texas A&M at home in this game.


Toledo @ Bowling Green
Toledo: EVW, GM
JM - Toledo is the class of the MAC this year.
DL - Bowling Green does not stand a chance!!
RM - Toledo would be making more noise if they could have pulled out one of their tough non-conference games...
BGU: RE, JL
DM - I will take the Falcons at home over the Rockets.


Purdue @ Penn St.
Purdue:
RM - Yeah, this is a fan pick! Boiler up! 
Penn St.: GM, EVW, JL
RE - Joe Pa all the way!
DL - Joe Pa will keep winning at home.
DM - Purdue is pretty bad and I don't see them winning on the road in Happy Valley.
JM - They surprised me last week and they should keep it going in Happy Valley again this week.

Louisiana St. @ Tennessee
LSU: JL, GM, EVW, RE
DL - Anyone else agree that LSU may have an NFL caliber defense especially after the beatdown they put on Florida? 
RM - In response to DL: Not quite - Patrick Peterson was their top CB last year and he's struggling on the Cardinals Defense right now (as experienced each Sunday by us in AZ)...but LSU DEFINITELY has the top Defense in NCAA at this point. 
JM - I will be shocked if Tennessee scores more than once.
DM - I am sold on LSU as a legitimate National Championship team. Their defense is very impressive and will shut down the Vols.
Tennessee: none


Oklahoma St. @ Texas
Oklahoma St.: GM, EVW, RE, JL
DM - I will take the Cowboys on the Road. I think they have too much offense and we will see if the Longhorns can rebound from the beating they took last week.
DL - Texas will lose 2 games in a row...even at home and be shutout by the OK teams.
JM - Texas just isn't what they used to be and their offense is awful.
Texas: none


Ohio St. @ Illinois
OSU: RE
DL - I think the Worthless Nuts will pull off a HUGE upset against the Fighting Illini on their turf.
GM - Ohio State takes out an overrated Illini
DM - I was impressed by the Buckeyes last week and I think they will be too good for the Illini
Illinois: EVW, JL
JM - I think every Big Ten team is loving the beat downs they get to give Ohio State every week this year.
RM - They'll stay unbeaten in whichever division of the Big Ten they are in - Leaders? Legends? 


Colorado @ Washington
Colorado: RE, JL
JM - This is a complete coin flip as I don't think either team is any good.
Washington: GM, EVW
DM - I like the Huskies to win at home this week.
DL - Washington should win this game by a lot.
RM - I like U-Dub's coach. Another than prepares his team to play sound.


Western Kentucky @ Florida Atlantic
WKU: DL, EVW
JM - Only because they're riding the high from last week's win, not because they are any good.
RE - The bright spot in the state of Kentucky, football wise?
FAU: JL
RM - Seriously, this is just because FAU is christening a brand-new stadium this week. Coincidence?
GM - Fla Atlantic because the Hilltopper will be too close to the ocean to focus on football.
DM - I will take the home team in this game that very few people care about.


Virginia Tech @ Wake Forest
VT: GM
JM - VT is the class of the ACC, again.
DL - I don't think the Demon Deacons can pull off 2 upsets in a row...we will see though.
WF: EVW, RE, JL
DM - Unfortunately, I have to pick against the Hokies...they just aren't good right now and I don't see them winning on the road.
RM - I think this will be a fun one to watch, actually. Two schools that play well, edge to WF because of some recent VT struggles.


Kansas St. @ Texas Tech
KSU: EVW, JL
GM - Go Purple!
JM - Go Bill Snyder!
RM - I said last week that KSU had to prove it to me. Well they did. Where's my purple shirt?
TTU: RE
DM - I will take the Red Raiders to win at home over the Wildcats this week.
DL - Kansas State took a huge shot to the chin last week and I don't see them rebounding this quick especially on the road. Tech on the home field.


Florida @ Auburn
Florida:
DL - Florida will crawl back from their beating by LSU.
Auburn: JL, RE, EVW
RM - War Eagle! On a side note, I had Alligator for the first time a couple of weeks ago at an awesome cajun restaurant. It was good! 
GM - Auburn over Florida because they are on their fourth string QB - and Auburn is at home where the War Eagle flys!
JM - The Gators can bite it!
DM - I like the Tigers at home over the young Gators.


Louisiana-Monroe @ Troy
LMU: JL
Troy: GM, RE, EVW
DM - I have no clue about this game, but I will take the Trojans at home.
RM - Simple rule: Home team wins. 
DL - Troy will pass their way to a win on the homefield.
JM - Um, do I really have to pick one?


Utah St. @ Fresno St.
USU: RE, JL
DL - Fresno St. may not be able to walk after getting their butt kicked so bad last week by the Smurf's!!
Fresno St.: GM, EVW
RM - Fresno St. is better than they looked to Boise St. because the Broncos are just that good. Go Broncos!!!
JM - Sounds good to me.
DM - I like the Bulldogs at home...should be a lot of points here.


Arizona St. @ Oregon:
ASU: JL
Oregon: EVW
GM - I really want AZ St. to win but I don't think they can at Oregon
DL - I think this will be a VERY good game. I am taking Oregon on the home field...and they have some pretty snappy uniforms.
DM - James will probably miss this game, but I still think they Ducks are too fast for the Sun Devils here.
RM - Quack Quack! Hopefully there is some rain - that would guarantee the flying V (as in victory) formation.

RE - 100% chance of goofy uniforms for Oregon

1 comment: