Sunday, October 9, 2011

Week 5 NFL Picks

Todays games, on the authority of each of us who are "experts!"



Rachael Eggebeen (RE)
Ed Vander Woude (EVW)
Gary McFarren (GM)
Dennis Lowe (DL)
Dave Wasson (DW)
Rob McFarren (RM)
Dusty Miller (DM)
Joe McFarren (JM)
Joe Lacanlale (JL)

TEN @ PIT
Titans: JL, DL, EVW
DM - I can't believe how poorly the Steelers have looked or how good the Titans have looked.
RM - Is Big Ben playing? Even hurt, I think the Titans are just getting the passing/running balance down
Steelers: DW, RE, GM
JM - There is no way the Titans can keep this going.

SEA @NYG
Seahawks: none
Giants: JL, DL, EVW, RE, DW, GM
DM- The Seahawks are certainly in the "Luck Lotto"
JM - I guess I'll cheer for at least one Manning this year.
RM - Seahawks on the East Coast - when have they last won there?

CIN @ JAX
Bengals: JL, DL, EVW, RE, DW, GM
DM - I can't believe I'm picking the Bengals on the road, but the Jaguars have been pitiful.
RM - I'm liking how Dalton is looking in this offense. Well balanced, young and old.
Jaguars:
JM - Wow, the score may be 3-2

NO @ CAR
Saints: EVW, RE, DW, GM
JM - Sure Cam Newton is a beast, but New Orleans has too much talent.
DM - Carolina is much better than I thought they would be, but the Saints will be too much for them this week.
RM - Just watch - Colston is back.
Panthers: JL, DL

OAK @ HOU
Raiders: JL
DM - This should be a good game between two teams on the rise...I will take the Raiders since the Texans will be without Andre Johnson
RM - McFadden & Co. have extra motivation with the passing of owner Al Davis.
Texans: DL, EVW, RE, DW, GM
JM - OK, I'm a believer. Last week's win was a huge stepping stone for the Texans.

PHI @ BUF
Eagles: GM
JM - I would love to see Buffalo win here, but the bubble may have just popped.
RM - A pick I'd rather lose. Go Buffalo.
Bills: JL, DL, EVW, RE, DW, GM
DM - The Bills will bounce back after a loss in Cincy last week...still disappointed by the Eagles.

KC @ IND
Chiefs: RE, DW
Colts: JL, DL, EVW, GM
DM - If the Colts can't win this game, they may not win any game this year.
JM - Could Curtis Painter really be the starter for the rest of the year?
RM - Lots of injuries to both teams. Painter will get a little better this week, which is the difference.

AZ @ MIN
Cardinals: JL, DW, GM
JM - Minnesota is just bad. Why don't they just give the ball to Peterson?
Vikings: EVW, RE, DL
DM - The Vikings will break into the win column this week...the Cards don't seem to play well on the road.
RM - Why do I keep picking against who I want to win? Oh right, because they aren't going to.

TB @ SF
Bucs: DL, DW
49ers: JL, RE, EVW, GM
DM - The 49ers continue to impress...I am pulling for them to win the West. *nice rhyme
JM - Alex Smith seems to be gaining a bit of confidence
RM - I like Harbaugh, Patrick Willis, and the 49ers uni's. Enough for this one.

NYJ @ NE
Jets: EVW
Patriots: JL, DL, RE, DW, GM
JM - If this was in the Meadowlands, the Jets would probably have the upper hand. But they were really bad in Foxboro last year. Maybe it would help if I go out and take a dump on Tom Brady's doorstep?
DM - This will be a fun one to watch; the Pats' offense will be a little too much for the Jets' D
RM - Wes Welker may shatter the receptions mark this year.

SD @ DEN
Broncos: DL
Chargers: JL, EVW, RE, DW, GM
JM - All Chargers, all day long.
DM - I will take the Chargers on the road in Denver...although it will probably be much closer than I think.
RM - I hope I'm wrong. Go Broncos!

GB @ ATL
Packers: JL, DL, EVW, RE, DW, GM
JM - The Pack may not be playing perfect ball, but few teams out there display as much confidence as they do game in and game out.
DM - As much as I don't like it, the Packers continue to win this week.
Falcons:
RM - Simple. Falcons at home have more to prove. One of 2 games I want to watch!

CHI @ DET
Bears: DW
Lions: JL, EVW, RE, DL, GM
JM - After the toughness they showed last week, it's hard not to like the Lions this week.
DM - The Bears tough schedule continues this week. The Lions should handle the Bears with little problem.
RM - The other game I want to watch. Lions first MNF in Detroit in how long? Yeah, motivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment