Saturday, October 8, 2011

Week 6 NCAA picks

Looks like everyone is starting to think the same way about these games! Really looks like there are only about 2 or 3 games which will be determining who does better than others! Here are this weeks picks:

Rachael Eggebeen (RE)
Ed Vander Woude (EVW)
Gary McFarren (GM)
Dennis Lowe (DL)
Rob McFarren (RM)
Dusty Miller (DM)
Joe McFarren (JM)
Joe Lacanlale (JL)

Boise St. @ Fresno St. 
Boise St. - RE, EVW, JL, GM
DM - The Broncos continue to win!
RM - I'm on the Boise St. Bronco Bus! Give them a chance at the BCS TITLE!!!
DL - Smurfs all the way!
JM - Simple. Blow out.
Fresno St. - none

Oklahoma @ Texas (neutral site)
Oklahoma - EVW, JL, GM
RE - Because the wind goes rushing down the plain and annoys the Longhorns.
JM - Could be one of the best Red River Rivalry games in a long time, though.
DL - Even though Texas is at home, I think OK is tougher
DM - This one should be a good challenge for the Sooners, but I think they have too much for the Longhorns
RM - Oklahoma looks poised right now for the big time. Their loss will be to OK St. later this year.
Texas - none

Florida St. @ Wake Forest
Florida St. - EVW, JL, GM
RE - Bobby Bowden's legacy lives on. Besides, Wake Forest has a football team?
JM - The Seminoles are needing a pick-me-up after the last two weeks of horrible play.
DL - Florida St. will win this one big.
DM - I think the Seminoles are the real deal.
RM - They reassert position to challenge Clemson for the ACC title, hopefully!
Wake Forest - none

Army @ Miami (OH)
Army - RE, EVW, JL
JM - Ok, if they lose this one then I may be done with them for the year.
GM - Army comes to the Midwest for the third time this fall and finally comes away with a win.
DM - I will take the Cadets on the road, unless Big Ben is back for Miami.
RM - They'll pull even to 3-3 to give the hope of a Bowl Game...
Miami - DL

Florida @ LSU
Florida - none (wow!)
LSU - EVW, JL, GM
DM - The Tigers at home will be too much for the Gators
DL - LSU's D is NFL caliber and nobody plays better than LSU at home.
*wow - NFL caliber?
RE - Tigaarsssss, Tigasrss
JM - It would be awesome if Florida wins, but that just isn't going to happen against this defense.
RM - Florida was simply posing as a contender. LSU has shown the National Title goes through them.

Missouri @ Kansas St.
Missouri - RE, EVW
RM - Snyder brought back the old K-State, including scheduling the softest non-conference schedule possible. They are a WEAK undefeated team because their only real win was last week. If they win against Mizzou, I'll give them credit.
KSU - JL
JM - I am absolutely loving this rise back to power.
DM - I didn't take the Wildcats at home last week and it bit me, so I will take them this week.
DL - Kansas State at home.
GM - Kansas St. over Mizzou because the Tigers don't know where they belong.

Miami (FL) @ Virginia Tech
Miami - JL
VT - EVW, GM
RE - Pick on moral reasons (Not a fan of Miami's flagrant violations)
DM - I have to take my team at home again this week even though they were embarrassed last week.
DL - This should be a good game of smash mouth football. Tech at home.
JM - Steamroller, baby!
RM - Beamer ball will get them to bounce back.

Arizona St. @ Utah
ASU - RE, EVW, JL, GM
JM - Utah looked awful last week
DM - I will take the Sun Devils on the road over the Utes
DL - Arizona State will continue winning ways
RM - Utah and Colorado are winless as newcomers so far. The welcoming motivation continues.
Utah - none

Air Force @ Notre Dame
AF - JL
DM - ND isn't very good and I don't see them winning two weeks in a row.
ND - RE, EVW, GM
DL - Why must I keep thinking about Notre Dame winning?
JM - The Irish might just be putting it back together, again.
RM - If only the Irish hadn't sold out on concessions for standards for football players under Coach Kelly (a stipulation of his signing)...Air Force is a great example of the way to have good academics and football team. If only ND had a coach like Calhoun. I pick the Fighting Irish cause I am a fan!

Iowa @ Penn St.
Iowa -
JM - I don't care if they are playing at home, the Nittany Lions could have the worst offense in the country.
Penn St. - EVW, JL, GM
DM - Happy Valley will be rocking for this one...I will take the home team.
DL - JoePa will win at home. I think both these teams are struggling this year even though their records are not showing it. I can only hope they start losing!
RE - JoePa all the way (unless they play WI)
RM - Like both of these coaches...but somehow think the crowd will get PSU the win.

Auburn @ Arkansas
Auburn - EVW, JL
GM - I keep picking against the Tigers but now I give in.
Arkansas -
RE - Roll Tide!
DL - MAN the SEC is tough. Only because Are-kansas is at home!!
DM - They squeaked one out for me last week, so I'll go with them at home again this week.
JM - Auburn will fall out of the Top 25 for the third time this year.
RM - I really really really really will be rooting for Auburn. Why did I pick this way? Yeah, their Defense.

Texas A&M @ Texas Tech
Texas A&M - RE, EVW, JL, GM
JM - This game could see a team break 100 points.
DM  - I will take the Aggies on the road over the Red Raiders.
DL - A&M to win on the road. They will snap their losing streak.
RM - Just don't see A&M giving up after the last two hard losses.
Texas Tech -none

Michigan @ Northwestern
Michigan - RE, EVW, JL
DM - I will take the much improved Wolverines, even though I think they are due for a letdown soon.
DL - I, a HUGE Michigan fan, said a couple of weeks ago that Michigan will start their downfall...Thank goodness I was wrong!! Go BLUE!!!
JM - Ohio State fans have to be hating this season more every week.
GM - NW lost to Army that lost to Ball St. and you know Brady Hoke saw that game = Go Blue!
RM - Yes, Persa is back for NW. No, that doesn't mean the defense is better.
Northwestern - none

Georgia @ Tennessee
Georgia - RE, JL
DL - I think Georgia is still a tough team. Their 2 losses were against 2 VERY good teams. UGA will win on the road.
RM - Let's go Georgia. The more they win - the more credence given to the Boise St. Broncos!!! Georgia to win the SEC East; just watch.
Tennessee - EVW
GM - Tenn. @ Rocky Top beats the Dogs
JM - Middle of the road SEC teams clash to decide absolutely nothing.
DM - I will take the Vols at home this week.

Ohio St. @ Nebraska
Ohio St. - none
Nebraska - EVW, JL
GM - Nebraska responds and destroys Ohio St.
DM - I think the Cornhuskers bounce back this week after a beating by the Badgers last week.
RE - After that awesome welcome to the Big Ten, I see revenge brewing.
DL - Even though the Cornhuskers lost last week, they will pull through and win against the Worthless Nuts at home.
JM - Ohio St. can't hang with anyone anymore and Nebraska has their Big Ten home opener. Huskers all the way.
RM - The Buckeyes are now in free-fall mode.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Wake Forest is controlling Florida St. No one saw that coming, but yet one of us should have!

    ReplyDelete