Saturday, November 19, 2011

NCAA Picks - Week 12

As the season winds down...the Championship picture gets more and more cloudy. My vote is that the Championship game is NOT a rematch of LSU with either Bama or the Ducks. I guess that means I'd still like to see the Cowboys or Sooners (whichever wins that game). I think Bama v. Oregon is a perfect game though! Boise St. should get to play Stanford, too!

Anyway - just a note on this week - Joe McFarren simply did HOME TEAM Wins this week. I bet he gets a better score than many of us.

Here are the picks!

Nebraska @ Michigan
Neb: JL, RE, EVW
Mich: GM, JM
DL - Wishful thinking. GO BLUE!!!!
DM - I like the Wolverines to win in the Big House.
RM - I feel like this is one of those games picked by a formula. This week, its the Wolverines.

Wisconsin @ IllinoisWisc: RE, EVW, GM, JL
DL - When Illinois started playing quality teams, they have proven to be horrible!
DM - I am still a little surprised the Badgers are not undefeated. I think they will handle the Illini on the road this week.
RM - I like Wisconsin...they've blown a couple this year, but I think they and Michigan St. end up being in the inaugural Big Ten title game.
Ill: JM

Iowa @ Purdue
Iowa: EVW, JL
DL - Don't think the Boilers can pull 2 upsets in a row.
DM - I just don't want to pick the Boilers.
Pur: JM, GM, RE
RM - Purdue has actually improved a lot this year. They'll continue their rise back to the top of the Big Ten!

Army @ Temple
Army: JL, RE, DL
DM - I'm just trying to get back in Rob's good graces.
Temp: GM, EVW, JM
RM - Army has sucked against the MAC this year. BEAT NAVY!

Clemson @ NC State
Clem: JL, GM, RE, EVW
DM - Bad uniforms, but pretty good team.
RM - Why, if it isn't one of the handful of "top teams - i.e. SEC, Oklahoma, maybe Ohio St. on a good year" do we quit hearing of the team after 1 loss??? Clemson is quality!
NCSt: JM, DL

SMU @ Houston
SMU: RE
Hou: EVW, GM, JL, DL, JM
DM - The Cougars could possibly score 70 each week. I just don't see SMU being able to hang with them.
RM - I'll pull for Case Keenum...

Texas Tech @ Missouri
TT: none
Mizzou: EVW, RE, JL, DL, GM, JM
DM - An embarrassing performance last week by the Red Raiders led to a serious beating by Ok St. I don't think they'll be able to rebound on the road against the Tigers.
RM - Home team wins battle of inconsistencies.

LSU @ Mississippi
LSU: GM, JL, RE, EVW, DL
DM - The Tigers should continue to roll toward the National Title game.
RM - Of all the teams in the SEC, LSU is the one that has looked the most consistent and doesn't schedule a pansy.
Ole Miss: JM
**This would be pandemonium for the BCS! I'll (Rob) will pull for this upset even though I didn't pick it!

Vanderbilt @ Tennessee
Vandy: RE, EVW, GM, JL
Tenn: JM, DL
DM - I like the Vols at home over the much-improved Commodores
RM - Home team in this rivalry. It should be a good game!

Colorado @ UCLA
CU: none
UCLA: DL, JL, RE, EVW, JM, GM
DM - Colorado just isn't very good and I don't see them winning on the road.
RM - I want to pull for the Buffs, but its not going to happen.

Oklahoma @ Baylor
OU: GM, RE, EVW, DL, JL
DM - Baylor seems to be getting worse as the year goes on. The Sooners roll this week.
Bay: JM
RM - Calling this as an upset because it's at home for the Bears.

Kansas St. @ Texas
KSt: JL, GM, EVW, RE, DL
RM - KState's offense will be the difference. A play will be made when it needs to be done.
Tex: JM
DM - The Longhorns have been impressive this year and the Wildcats haven't really been able to beat quality opponents

Arizona @ Arizona St.
UofA:
RE - Gotta go with my alma mater!
ASU: EVW, GM, GM, JL, DL
DM - I like the Sun Devils to take out the Wildcats, who haven't seemed to figure out who they are this year.
RM - ASU has pulled a nice late-season collapse, but they will be motivated for this one and it won't be close.

California @ Stanford
Cal: none
Stan: RE, EVW, GM, JM, JL, DL
DM - I like the Cardinal to rebound after a pretty bad beating last week.
RM - Stanford is good. Don't like how everyone completely jumped off the Luck/National Champion Contender wagon after that loss...where was that for Bama? That was a better game than LSU-Bama.

No comments:

Post a Comment